Monday, December 19, 2011

Hello World









Ryleigh has been intrigued since day one. . .

Leighton Emery... you finally made it here! The past nine months have been brutal! It seemed like you were going to stay in my belly forever and so we ended up choosing your birthday for you whether you were ready or not. . . we couldn't wait any longer! We got to St. Luke's at 7:00 this morning. Daddy, grandma and I got all situated in our room and they started pitocin around 8:00 am. Little did i know that there would be such a long day ahead of us! Your daddy and I played cards and watched TV while we waited for contractions to become regular. At 11:00 am the Dr. finally came in to break my water. By 2:30 I was already dilated to an eight! I continued to watch TV and hung out with your dad and grandma while they got the room ready for your arrival. At 4:00, I began pushing, but your cute little head just didn't want to come out very quickly! You finally came at 5:30 pm! You are 7 pounds 4 ounces, 21.5 inches long and have a full head of dark hair! Leighton I have never loved anything as much as I love you! You are absolutely perfect in every way and I can't wait to see how you grow! Daddy can't take his eyes off you and you have already won him over! (Lucky you!) Daddy was happy that you were born just in time to watch your first Steelers football game tonight! Let the games begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment